CommScope, Inc. Engineer, Mechanical II in Agrate Brianza, Italy
Job 1 of 1
Posting Position Title
Engineer, Mechanical II
General knowledge and limited application of standard principles, theories and concepts within field of specialization to carry out a sequence of related tasks.
Work will require the application of standard practices and techniques in specific situations, the adjustment and correlation of data, recognition of discrepancies in results and following operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes to resolve problems of limited scope.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes routine engineering work requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, procedures and criteria in carrying out engineering tasks.
- Performs work involving conventional plans, investigations, surveys, structures or equipment with relatively few complex features for which there are procedures. Works on definable portions of projects. Assignments typically are designed to further develop professional work knowledge and abilities.
- Performs research, design and development in such areas as mechanical, thermal, hydraulic thermodynamic; or heat transfer for production, transmission, measurement and use of energy. Applies research to planning, design and development of mechanical or electro-mechanical systems, instruments and/or controls. Conducts feasibility studies and tests new modified designs. May direct support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication.
FREEDOM TO ACT WITHIN TECHNICAL DISCIPLINE
- Assignments have clear, specific objectives and require investigation of a limited number of variables;
- Work is screened and techniques/procedures are recommended by supervisor;
- Relies on supervisor less for direct supervision and more for guidance;
- Applies limited judgment on details of work and in making preliminary selections of adaptations of engineering alternatives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Science in mechanical engineering or related four (4) year technical degree;
- Two (2) to four (4) years of work experience involving the use of Mechanical Engineering principles and practices, as well as basic knowledge of typical manufacturing processes;
- Knowledge of thermoplastic and thermo set materials and processes;
- Proficiency in solid modeling software – SolidWorks or AutoCad - and SAP preferred;
- Good time management skills;
- Basic capability in oral/written communication;
- Able to effectively work on project teams consisting of departmental and/or cross-functional personnel.
Auto req ID