CommScope, Inc. Welder I in Euless, Texas
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
JOB SUMMARY: Produce and maintain quality product using robot fixtures, and gauges requiredby manufacturing. Perform variousfunctions such as editing programs, and insure weld processes arefollowed. Assist in designing andfabricating fixtures for robotic welder.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
· Set up and operate robotic welder. Record machineryoperation variances from normal settings and results. Complete basic preventive maintenance onmachinery and equipment. Performs visualsafety checks for machine wear, damage to tooling and correct positioning of safety guards.
· Operates overhead hoists and forklifts to movematerial and necessary equipment to perform machine operations. Arranges parts as needed for production. Delivers raw stock, partially completed work,and completed jobs to appropriate storage or production areas
· Examine weld fixtures to determine whether repair,modification or replacement is required. Collaborate with production, engineering and planning to developimprovements in parts or changes in operation or maintenance to reduce setuptime or extend tool life.
· Develop, load, and maintain programs that follow theestablished welding process. Makeappropriate adjustments necessary to the machine, tooling and/or program toproduce the highest quality product.
· Inspects own parts as well as those of others usingtools such as tape measures, scales, calipers and possibly various computerizedmeasuring devices. Reads and completesproduction, QA and manufacturing documentation as required.
· Work with engineering, designers on future productfor robotic welder. Assists in the design of engineering prototypes andmanufacturing jobs. Devises methods tofabricate models for engineering. Investigates/recommends new methods, processes, and equipment to improve throughput within the department.
· Determine the best method of repairing defective ordamaged fixtures. Troubleshoot and remedy the situation by designing, repairingor fabricating the necessary parts in the most efficient manner to minimize downtime and restore production.
· Maintain work area in a safe and professionalmanner. Clean, maintain robotic welderto maximize operating reliability, precision, and equipment life. Understand and comply with our ISO standardsand environmental management system.
· Train new personnel on operating robotic welder the proper loading and unloading ofparts, highlighting the quality requirements and maintenance requirements ofthe robot.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· One (1) to three (3) years of related machine operating experience required – equivalent education background may be substituted forexperience in some areas
· At least One (1) year of robotic welding experience
· One (1) to Two (2) years welding experience.
· Requires a thorough knowledge of welding theory,welding symbols, and procedures. ( GMAW )
· Must have ability to read and interpret average to complex welding drawings and must be able to work from prints, sketches and verbal instructions.
· Requires a working knowledge of using a teachpendant controller for NC/CNC robotic programming.
· Must be proficient with computers.
· Computer Aid Drawing and CAD CAM experience is preferred.
· Must pass visual acuity test (color blindness).
· Welder Certification ( AWS / CWB )
· May be required to push, pull or move 100 lbs. or more using the appropriate tools (forklift,hoist, tilt-table, skates or mules) up to 2% of the time.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.