CommScope, Inc. Analyst, Information Security in Hickory, North Carolina
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
We are currently recruiting for an for an opportunity located in Hickory, NC, Joliet, IL, Richardson, TX, Omaha, NE, or Shakopee, MN.
Provides operational, engineering and architecture security appliance support across CommScope’ s global presence. Teams with multiple IT and Business partners across the Organization. Designs, develops and administers security systems and processes to protect the integrity, confidentiality and availability of CommScope Corporation’s information resources. Participates in security planning and provides input on the selection of methods used to ensure the protection of the Company’s systems and data.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Participates in the development of security policies, standards, and processes to protect the Company’s information resources.
• Creates and implements firewall rules and policies
• Designs firewall architecture concepts and designs
• Supports the development and management of next generation firewalls
• Provides VPN, proxy and other critical access management support
• In depth experience with Firewall engineering concepts and families (such as CISCO)
• Reports to management concerning residual risk, vulnerabilities and other security exposures, including misuse of information assets and noncompliance.
• Works with the IT department and members of the information security team to identify, select and implement technical controls.
• Develops security processes and procedures, and supports service-level agreements (SLAs) to ensure that security controls are managed and maintained.
• Advises security administrators on normal and exception-based processing of security authorization requests.
• Researches, evaluates and recommends information-security-related hardware and software, including developing business cases for security investments.
• Proactively monitors and administers security systems for anomalies and threats to the Company’s computing environment. The security systems may include, but are not limited to firewalls, intrusion prevention & detection (IDS/IPS), vulnerability scanning systems, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Log Management and Information (LMI), Internet access management systems, endpoint security systems, and Data Loss Prevention (DLP).
• Performs issues categorization and in-depth analysis of security events. Conducts all necessary follow-up actions of vulnerability and/or security incident resolution.
• Performs network and host forensic activities based on security investigation requirements.
• Cross-trains with team members on technology, processes, and procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years’ experience required.
• CISSP certification preferred.
• In-depth knowledge of and understanding of information risk concept and principles, as a means of relating business needs to security controls.
• In-depth knowledge of and experience in developing and documenting security architecture and plans, including strategic, tactical and project plans.
• In-depth knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 2700x, ITIL, COBIT and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) frameworks.
• In-depth knowledge of risk assessment methods and technologies.
• In-depth knowledge of network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, and the associated network protocols and concepts.
• Proficient analytical skills to analyze security requirements and relate them to appropriate security controls.
Include demonstrated competencies and physical, mental, & interpersonal skills.
• The ability to interact with CommScope’ s personnel at all levels and across all business units and organizations, and to comprehend business imperatives.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to work under stress in emergencies, with the flexibility to handle multiple high-pressure situations simultaneously.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.