CommScope, Inc. Analyst, IT Performance and Capacity Mgm in Hickory, North Carolina
Job 1 of 1
Posting Position Title
Analyst, IT Performance and Capacity Mgm
Pre Job Description
Everyone communicates. It's the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network - our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers - we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world's most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
We are currently recruiting for an for a IT Performance and Capacity Management Analyst opportunity located in Richardson, TX or Hickory, NC .
The Enterprise Monitoring & Reporting Analyst will oversee the day to day activities of the Monitoring, Capacity and Utilization Management solutions. Provide direction, generate work, and collaborate with various system and application owners to design and implement monitoring, capacity, utilization and alert solutions. Develop a monitoring and performance management strategy that addresses tactical and strategic plans for the advancement of the monitoring and performance management solutions. Ensure service/support and design compliance with approved CommScope and IT practices, standards, procedures and policies. Develop standards, policies and procedures to continually improve the network infrastructure and services that IT delivers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide monitoring, capacity, utilization, demand, and performance management activities to manage performance expectations, and make sure that user requirements are met.
• Participate in technical discussions with application development and quality assurance personnel to incorporate monitoring features at design, development, and test stages.
• Research and evaluate new products and technologies to improve monitoring and make root cause analysis efficient.
• Design, implement and guide the development of Dashboards and Reporting to help in communication, problem solving, and diagnostics.
• Identify forecasts and trends through the use of metrics.
• Propose, design, and implement new solutions or enhancements and additions to current environment.
• Manage capacity and performance standards / guidelines of all internal systems.
• Participates in vendor management activities.
• Provide excellent technical/non-technical support with outstanding customer service.
• Manage projects and special assignments within the department and conduct presentations to management on those assignments.
• Respond to highly complex and technical user service requests/inquiries that involve problem recognition, research, isolation and resolution.
• Recommend changes to policies, procedures, and standards and ensures conformance with IT and Company objectives. Participate and assist in driving the knowledge management process.
• Assists in the acquisition of new solutions and equipment.
• Assist in developing and enhancing cooperative interdepartmental and business relationships and communications.
• Responsible for 3rd level support of the monitoring and performance management infrastructure and services.
• Assists with establishing budgetary requirements for equipment and services
• Takes personal responsibility for making meeting commitments and ensuring expected results are achieved.
• CCNP and/or MCSE certifications preferred.
• A completed Bachelor’s degree with 8 – 12 years of related experience or Master’s degree with 5 – 8 years of related experience required.
• Comprehensive knowledge with computing and networking technologies, software products and systems.
• Demonstrated experience in designing, maintaining and operating Enterprise Monitoring and Capacity Management environments.
• Experience and familiarity with LAN/MAN/WAN technologies and SNMP.
• Expertise or working knowledge of Solarwinds, Microsoft SCOM, and/or other industry leading solutions.
• Exposure and working knowledge with database systems.
• Experience with scripting to get desired results from database (sql).
• Exposure with crystal reports or BI dashboards.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Ability to choose , drive and lead predictive and capacity modeling solution for company.
• Working knowledge of metrics, statistics and analytics.
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills to facilitate interactions with business clients and members of other technology teams.
• ITIL certification preferred.
• Experience with current best practices in IT standards and principles.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
• Excellent technical documentation skills.
• The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
• Commitment to keep up-to-date with IT trends and developments.
• Incumbent may be required to be available 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
Post Job Description
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
Auto req ID