CommScope, Inc. Analyst, Senior DBA in Hickory, North Carolina
Job 1 of 1
Posting Position Title
Analyst, Senior DBA
Pre Job Description
Everyone communicates. It's the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network - our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers - we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world's most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
We are currently recruiting a Senior Oracle DBA for an opportunity located in Hickory, NC or Joliet, IL
Responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation. Provide technical leadership and supervision to the Database Administration team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide technical leadership and supervision to Database Administration team.
• Develop and document Database Administration procedures.
• Execute database creation, configuration, upgrades, patches, and refreshes.
• Define and execute database performance and tuning scripts.
• Implement and administrate appropriate database management tools.
• Provide technical assistance and subject matter expertise to application developers.
• Act as escalation point for database and application teams.
• Participate in after-hours incident resolution situations.
• Participate in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases (Oracle 11g, Oracle 12c, Microsoft SQL-Server).
• Analyze and determine information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
• • Provide guidance and work leadership to less experienced Analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
• Assess and implement vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
• Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
• Install new databases and apply maintenance fixes/patches supplied by vendor
• Perform setup and tuning of system parameters
• Perform database tuning for the OS platform of choice
• Ensure appropriate storage for the DBMS (capacity planning)
• Ensure optimal the DBMS to work with storage devices and storage management software
• Collaborate with any other technologies required by database applications
• Install and maintain third-party Database Administration tools
• Develop and maintain replication strategies and execution
• Monitor database health
• Ensure database security
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or a related field and 8+ years related experience.
• Experience with Oracle 11g and/or Oracle 12c RDBMS required
• Experience with Oracle RMAN and Oracle Enterprise Manager highly preferred
• Experience with Oracle RAC desired
• Experience with Microsoft SQL-Server desired
Post Job Description
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
Auto req ID