CommScope, Inc. Paralegal, Trademark in Hickory, North Carolina
Job 1 of 1
Posting Position Title
Pre Job Description
Everyone communicates. It's the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network - our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers - we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world's most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
We are currently recruiting for an for an opportunity located in Hickory, NC .
Enhance the effectiveness of the Legal Department with respect to intellectual property responsibilities by providing information and management support to the IP Senior Attorney, others within the Legal Department, and various business teams within the company.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage company trademark portfolio by coordinating with internal marketing/branding team, trademark liaisons, and outside counsel for filing, prosecution and maintenance of trademark portfolio.
• Regular interaction with marketing/branding teams and designated trademark liaisons across the business for instructions and decisions on filing, prosecuting, maintaining and protecting trademarks.
• Frequent communication with outside counsel around the world on various tasks, such as instructions for filing, prosecuting, renewing and enforcing trademarks.
• Run reports on company's trademarks and compile data as needed.
• Maintain company’s intellectual property files and records, both electronic and hardcopies. In particular, manage emails in the Trademarks Legal email database, and recording or updating data on trademark applications and trademarks in a central database.
• Assist in preparation of legal documents specific to intellectual property, general correspondence and special reports as needed.
• Process IP-related outside counsel and other IP-related vendor billing.
• Provide administrative support for IP Senior Attorney, such as secretarial support including filing, screening incoming calls, scheduling appointments and meetings, and making travel plans as needed.
• Complete other projects and tasks as assigned. Provide backup and administrative support to other members of the legal department as needed. Maintain office duties as needed.
• 2 year Associate's degree required, 4 year Bachelor's degree preferred.
• 2-5 years paralegal experience in a law firm or corporate environment.
• Paralegal Certificate required.
• Certified Notary Public in North Carolina preferred.
• Knowledge and understanding of trademarks concepts and practices preferred.
• Ability to read and understand legal documents.
• Ability to take independent action and to organize and prioritize numerous tasks.
• Proficiency in standard business software applications, including Microsoft Office; comfortable with learning new software programs as may be required.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and oral & written communication skills.
Post Job Description
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
Auto req ID