CommScope, Inc. Senior Network Engineer in Hickory, North Carolina
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Network Engineer/Analyst for an opportunity located in Hickory, NC or Richardson, TX.
Design, develop, implement, document, and administer network technologies to deliver global data services (LAN, WAN, Wireless, and Load Balancing) to Company users and authorized third-parties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Proactively monitor and administer network systems connected to Company’s computing environment. The technologies include, but are not limited to routers, switches, wireless access points, firewalls, load balancers, voice, and video systems.
• Perform root cause analysis, troubleshooting and remediation of network events as assigned and conduct all necessary follow-up actions based on assignments.
• Lead in the deployment of network solutions as assigned.
• Take the lead in responding to network incidents and change requests.
• Coordinate resolution efforts and prepare reports of findings.
• Plan, build, and implement data center and remote site network projects.
• Update and create documentation and network standards documents as assigned.
• Perform assigned duties as requested by CommScope’s management team.
• Bachelor's degree required with 10-12 years related experience; or Master's degree with 5-8 years related experience.
• Related technical curriculum preferred.
• Cisco Nexus, EIGRP, DMVPN, and BGP experience required
• 5 - 8 years of related experience required.
• Experience in Network Administration or related field.
• Ability to work independently and travel.
• Able to work in a fast paced team environment, with integrity, and take accountability for the work produced.
• Advanced certification in the following is highly desired - Cisco routers, switches, wireless, ASA’s, and F5 Load Balancers
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.