CommScope, Inc. Sterling B2Bi Senior Solution Architect/Manager in Hickory, North Carolina
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
We are currently recruiting for Manager, Senior Architect Systems Solutions for an opportunity located in Hickory, NC.
This role is responsible for providing design principals in the development of new technology solutions to enable B2B integration. It will be working in a group that connects business and IT, and will have very broad interaction with internal IT groups, various business functions, external suppliers and customers. The B2B Integration Services Architect is overall responsible for the technical solutions implemented across the projects in the B2B team, and a large part is to develop/maintain/ensure a common approach across the projects. Working directly with business development and delivery professionals, the responsibilities will be to understand the technical, functional and organizational requirements of customers and translating those requirements into solutions that can be implemented at global scale. The solution architect is also responsible for researching and driving innovative technologies in the area of B2B integration and identifies ways to turn them into practical solutions. Establish and execute an integration services roadmap/strategy for all forms of B2B integration to include; EDI, Cloud Integration, API and Web Services to mention a few, based on industry best practices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the strategic direction of the B2B Integration processes and for managing the design and development of complete integration solutions for customers and trading partners.
• Establish an integration services discipline and strategy based on best practices
• Focus on new integration technologies and trends in the Direct B2B space and propose new ways of applying these trends to our business processes
• Leads design and review of new applications and integration strategies for EDI, API, Web Services systems by assessing, recommending, executing and maintaining processes, procedures, documentation, etc. required to effectively deploy solutions for the B2B environment.
• Work closely with our business leads, other application development managers, architects and developers, as well as third-parties to coordinates network engineering, application support, programming and database administration functions to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of the B2B systems in order to meet business demands.
• Maintains knowledge of the B2B Integration space through self-education and workshop participation.
• Introduce Best Practice and process improvement ideas wherever appropriate
• Shape the B2B Integration portfolio and strategy by working closely with the business service leadership team in determining what solution alternatives exist for given business challenges
• Partner with internal IT& business teams in developing delivery roadmaps
• Evaluate and recommend new technologies/functionality
• Produce/maintain/update technical documentation on integration solutions
• Build and maintain a catalogue of technical solutions
• Drive change by pushing for continuous improvement and enhanced quality within the Integration Services group for the benefit of CommScope
• Manages communication and project implementation processes and their touch points with external service providers, coordinating between the relevant internal IT team members and the business in overall planning activities, service delivery and issue resolution.
• Determine estimates for time and cost of work as well as feasibility and compatibility with other systems.
• Plan, manage and evaluate the work of assigned team members including project management responsibilities
• Align technical skills with business requirements, provide staff mentoring and development and ensure they aligned with global IT strategy
• Oversee global resources and inter-dependencies
• Participate in company initiatives/projects that require business application support while keeping in line with overall IT roadmap
• Responsible for resource planning, fiscal performance, budget management and the attainment of specified organizational goals
• Ensure that appropriate business practices and metrics are adopted to ensure technology ROI
• Ensure team is delivering with quality and on time
• Provide transparency into IT through clear and timely communication to the business
• Build and foster effective relationships between the business and IT
• Oversee Change Management process including providing approvals and prioritization
• Oversee day to day operations
• Managerial/Supervisory Responsibility: Recruit, select, manage and develop employees, if applicable. Make decisions regarding hiring, promotions, salary adjustments, discipline, and any other changes of employee status
• Bachelor's degree required with 8+ years of related experience, or Master's degree with 5+ years of related experience
• Strong background in IBM Sterling B2Bi
• Solid foundation in B2B Integration services in EDI, API, WebServices, Cloud Integration, Cloud Computing, Continuous Integration, Internet Protocols, etc.
• Solid background with establishing best practice policies and service levels in an IT organization.
• Strong background in common business functions, including Manufacturing, Finance, Accounting, Sales Administration, and Distribution. Must understand the dependencies and flow of information among these functions;
• Capacity to perform simultaneous management of multiple projects, ranging from routine to highly complex and difficult. Acceptable results will require initiative, broad judgment, integration of multiple field of knowledge (technical and business), and development of problem solutions for which there is little precedent; and
• Inter-personal skills sufficient for frequent interaction at all levels on management, internal and external, under conditions which will reach high levels of intensity
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.