CommScope, Inc. Analyst, IT Operations - Server Tech in Hyderabad, India
Job 1 of 1
Posting Position Title
Analyst, IT Operations - Server Tech
Participate in the design, implementation, optimization, advance support and administration of computing infrastructure residing in all regional CommScope Data Centers. Oversee system performance and monitors said infrastructure. Plan system capacity, ensures processes are well-documented, sustainable and scalable, and continually assesses processes for improvements. Monitor ongoing practices to ensure consistency with policies, compliance regulations and control requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop and drive adoption of standards in the Data Center Environment.
• Maintain and ensure maximum sustained performance and availability of the Company's data center systems
• Design, implementation and advanced support of computing infrastructure running in these data centers. This includes servers, storage, operating systems, data backup and other related technology centralized in corporate data centers or in smaller locations throughout the world.
• Maximize infrastructure capacities through proactive review and planning to ensure that IT capacity meet current and future business requirements.
• Establish performance monitoring and alerting standards to ensure IT meets service level requirements.
• Drive a cross functional team (including equipment or service vendors) in diagnosing issues and initiating appropriate actions for repair or mitigation and provide appropriate status, communications and root cause analysis to management.
• Serve as technical lead for escalation of advanced incidents, problems and change management.
• Help develop policies and procedures related to IT Operations Infrastructure - including the CommScope IT Disaster Recovery Plan.
• Research infrastructure solutions to identify and improve existing processes or enhance overall productivity.
• Lead teams in major projects and implementations, including project leadership, task assignments, and day-to-day direction.
RELATED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
•Bachelor’s in related curriculum such as Information System
•5+ Years of Related Experience
Include demonstrated competencies and physical, mental, & interpersonal skills.
• A completed Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related curriculum.
• Eight (8) plus years of experience supporting Data Centers in a large multisite (preferably global) enterprise network.
•Eight (8) plus years of experience with backup solutions (Symantec NetBackup), business continuance and disaster recovery solutions is a plus.
• Demonstrated experience in design, deployment, administration, configuration, and integration of data center technologies.
• Extensive experience with server solutions (Cisco UCS, HP, or Dell).
• Proficient with VMware & virtualization technologies.
• Experienced in Enterprise Storage Systems (EMC, Dell EqualLogic).
• Comprehensive knowledge of network technologies and solutions (IP, DNS, DMZ, Proxy, Firewall, Routing, Switching, etc.).
• Advanced support and administration of Windows Server and Redhat Linux systems.
• Experience and familiarity with Cloud services and solutions a plus.
Auto req ID