CommScope, Inc. Manager, IT Operations - Server Operations in Hyderabad, India
Job 1 of 1
Posting Position Title
Manager, IT Operations - Server Operations
This position leads a team of infrastructure technology professionals responsible for the operations of data center and site computing solutions including Servers, Storage, Backup/Restore and monitoring in support of CommScope's business requirements. Responsible for working with infrastructure senior leadership and peer teams to help define computing (Server, Storage, Backup and Restore) operational strategies integrating into an overall infrastructure strategy. The focus is to provide exceptional operational computing capability and services to CommScope ensuring world class computing solutions providing the highest levels of quality required for the business. Work with other members of the infrastructure team including architecture, networking, security and compliance, service desk and process development to help develop robust monitoring and operational processes. Provides 2nd and 3rd level support for all operational issues. This role will manage a team of 5+ employees across multiple sites and different shifts.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop and drive adoption of standards in the Data Center Environment.
• Maintain and ensure maximum sustained performance and availability of the Company's data center systems
• Establish performance monitoring and alerting standards to ensure IT meets service level requirements.
•Develop and implement the infrastructure operational strategy that enables innovation and seeks to leverage
technology trends and processes that can create business value with agility and performance.
• Develop the Servers, Backup, and Storage Technical Team, mentor talent to deliver the technology and to manage
and execute according to the capabilities of the organization. Attract and retain talent through positive employee
relations and robust succession planning.
• Perform end-to-end compute capacity planning and performance management, identifying opportunities for quality
improvements, automation, and cost savings.
• Manage and oversee delivery of all compute projects.
• Communicate in both a technical and non-technical manner. Must be able to listen and understand technical
solutions, problems and issues and communicate them and their status for resolution to a non-technical audience.
• Manage the operational direction and tools of the team, ensuring that appropriate standards are set, maintained,
followed and reported on regularly.
• Participate with leadership and other teams work with key vendors. Meet regularly with internal vendors to
understandproduct roadmaps, help define future capabilities, and participate in the selection of the right technology for the organization.
• Recruit, select, manage and develop employees, if applicable. Make decisions regarding hiring, promotions, salary adjustments, discipline, and any other changes of employee status.
• Drive a cross functional team (including equipment or service vendors) in diagnosing issues and initiating appropriate actions for repair or mitigation and provide appropriate status, communications and root cause analysis to management.
• Help develop policies and procedures related to IT Operations Infrastructure.
• Research infrastructure solutions to identify and improve existing processes or enhance overall productivity.
• Lead teams in major projects and implementations, including project leadership, task assignments, and day-to-day direction.
RELATED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
•Bachelor’s in related curriculum such as Information System
•8+ Years of Related Experience
Include demonstrated competencies and physical, mental, & interpersonal skills.
• A completed Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related curriculum.
• Strong understanding of infrastructure, architecture and design of complex globally dispersed distributed systems.
• Thorough understanding of operational support processes, excellent business acumen and ability to direct team in dissecting and diagnosing complex problems.
• Experience with networking, connectivity standards, rack and cabling infrastructure as well as power management/monitoring.
• Strong expertise in database, backup and storage technologies.
• Thorough understanding of server virtualization technologies and support.
• Strong understanding of VDI solutions and support.
• Strong interpersonal skills – ability to manage associates in a diverse and stressful environment.
• Excellent customer service skills - ability to resolve escalated customer issues in a timely manner.
• Experience defining and managing transition from project release to operational support using a criteria and quality-based approach.
• Strong communication skills (oral and written) – ability to communicate with all levels of management.
• Leadership skills and ability to inspire team members. Proven record of building high performing teams.
• Proven time-management skills – ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a highly reactive environment.
•ITIL Service Management Essentials or Foundation certified a plus.
Auto req ID