CommScope, Inc. Analyst, Unified Communications in Joliet, Illinois
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
We are currently recruiting for a qualified IT Analyst, Unified Communications (Video Solutions) located in Hickory, NC, Richardson TX or Joliet, IL Hickory, NC is the preferred location.
Responsible for evaluating, design, support and maintenance of unified communications related business activities and operations for the global enterprise. Coordinate and/or participate in the resolution of day-to-day telecommunications problems in a timely manner; coordinate and/or participate in the design, installation and testing of unified communications equipment and systems; coordinate and/or participate in activities associated with assigned projects, e.g. large scale moves, adds, deletes, upgrades, installations, etc. Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture and peer technical teams to holistically engineer high quality infrastructure solutions in support of business initiatives. Ensure service/support and design compliance with approved CommScope and IT practices, standards, procedures and policies. Support the develop standards, policies and procedures to continually improve the network infrastructure and services that IT delivers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ability to perform all system administration duties on the enterprise voice and video solutions, making routine software changes, maintaining records, and maintaining equipment inventory.
• Ability to monitor unified communication voice operations to identify and solve technical operating problems.
• Able to perform all software changes required for video and telephone systems, software groups, system parameters, class of service and moves/adds/changes (MAC).
• Liaisons with unified communications and telecommunications vendors during trouble determination, evaluation, and resolution and processes all repair orders accurately and quickly to ensure technician response.
• Capable of configuring video Cisco and Polycom room systems.
• Respond to complex and technical user service requests/inquiries that involve problem recognition, research, isolation and resolution.
• Recommend changes to policies, procedures, and standards and ensures conformance with IT and Company objectives.
• Interprets network alerts and performance management tool output to properly engineer the capacity and resiliency of the UC (Unified communications portion of the VOIP network.
• Prepares documentation and conducts training and user orientation for clients detailing configuration of proposed and deployed solutions.
• Participate and assist in driving the knowledge management process.
• Perform research and analysis of unified communications technologies and services for the purposes of assisting management in decisions regarding the acquisition of new equipment, software, and services to determine which would best meet company needs.
• Assists in the acquisition of new equipment and services.
• Recommend changes to policies, procedures, and standards and ensures conformance with IT and Company objectives. Participate and assist in driving the knowledge management process.
• Assist in developing and enhancing cooperative interdepartmental and business relationships and communications
• Responsible for 3rd level support of the video and voice infrastructure and services.
• Assists with establishes budgetary requirements for equipment and services
• Bachelor of Science degree - Information Technology field preferred
• 5+ years of experience with architecting and designing large-scale VoIP solutions
• Experience with designing, implementing, and supporting Video Conferencing solutions - Polycom solutions preferred.
• Experience with network signaling protocols, including SIP, SIMPLE, XMPP, and H.323; 3+ years of experience with troubleshooting carrier and various connectivity issues for IP and TDM and IP networking fundamentals
• Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
• Aptitude to logically assess and troubleshoot hardware and software difficulties, and to determine accurate resolutions.
• Must be available for on call responsibilities
• Computer professional certifications preferred.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.