CommScope, Inc. Senior Network Engineer in Richardson, Texas
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Are you ready for your next challenge? As a Senior Network Engineer you would be part of a team that is responsible for the design, develop, implement, document, and administer network technologies to deliver global data services (LAN, WAN, Wireless, and Load Balancing) to CommScope users and authorized third-parties. You will have the chance to expand your knowledge by collaborating with others on this elite networking team. This position can be in Richardson, TX, Joliet, IL Hickory, NC or Omaha, NE.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Proactively monitor and administer network systems connected to Company’s computing environment. The technologies include, routers, switches, wireless access points, firewalls, load balancers, voice, and video systems.
• Perform root cause analysis, troubleshooting and remediation of network events as assigned and conduct all necessary follow-up actions based on assignments.
• Lead in the deployment of network solutions
• Take the lead in responding to network incidents and change requests.
• Coordinate resolution efforts and prepare reports of findings.
• Plan, build, and implement data center and remote site network projects.
• Update and create documentation and network standards documents
• Perform assigned duties as requested by CommScope’s management team.
• Bachelor's degree required with 10+ years networking experience or Master's degree with 5+ years networking experience
• Cisco Nexus, EIGRP, DMVPN, and BGP experience required
• Ability to travel internationally (typical travel 8-12 weeks per year but may be more)
• Able to work in a fast paced team environment, with integrity, and take accountability for the work produced.
• Advanced certification in the following is highly desired - Cisco routers, switches, wireless, ASA’s, and F5 Load Balancers
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.