CommScope, Inc. Supplier Quality Engineer in Suzhou, China
Job 1 of 1
Posting Position Title
Supplier Quality Engineer
1. QM review and Maintain in SAP
2. Solve material quality issues timely and work with process engineer& design engineer for the specification and drawing improvement
3. Carry out suppliers’ quality system & process audit and assessment and drive for effective improvement actions.
4. Setup supplier quality performance metrics and analyze performance gap between NPI and mass production and take effective actions to eliminate the gap.
5. Work with RD & supplier to implement new technology and process per CommScope’s requirement.
6. FAI/PPAP review during qualification process for new parts/new process/new tool, etc.
7. Perform supplier capability analysis and work with RD/NPI to optimize tolerance setting
8. Work closely with RD/product quality to solve customer complaint in relation to design/reliability/manufacturing from material end.
9. Handle routine material complaints to implement CAPA.
10. Cost reduction projects engagement from quality function.
1. Include demonstrated competencies and physical, mental, & interpersonal skills.
2. Good command of written and spoken English.
3. Intimate familiarity with ISO9000/TL9000/TS16949 Quality Systems.
4. Working knowledge of basic and advanced Quality tools, such as Six Sigma, SPC, FMEA, DOE, Control Plans, Root Cause Analysis(8D), Poke Yoke(Error proof), and QC 7 tools etc.
5. Experience with developing/documenting procedures and application of Quality Engineering methods in inspection.
6. Familiar with a wide range of reliability, environmental, and qualification programs.
7. The ability to monitor effectiveness of vendor quality programs as well as development reports and implement corrective action programs on an as needed basis.
8. Assertiveness and excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
9. Excellent decision-making and interpersonal skills are essential.
10. Ability to articulate, defend and negotiate Quality expectations with Suppliers.
11. Be honest, active, independent, willing to take more responsibilities, and able to work under big pressure.
12. Good application of office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and understanding/interpretation of 2D drawings.
13. Great logical analysis skills on various quality issues.
14. Die casting and CNC machining/milling working experience is strongly desirous
15. Radio Frequency (RF) experience is prefer
16. Some travel
Auto req ID