CommScope, Inc. Manager, Facilities in Bangalore, India
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion.
Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from
busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers—we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity
Job Title: Manager, Facilities
Overall manager of the facility and admin at CommScope networks Bangalore site. Coordinate, supervise maintenance function, and perform facilities maintenance activities to insure both in-house maintenance and outside contractor services are planned and implemented in an effective, safe and cost-effective manner. Maintain appropriate standards of physical maintenance and housekeeping to ensure round the clock comfortable working atmosphere. Responsible for maintaining physical assets, performing minor maintenance, oversight of contractors, monthly and quarterly financial reporting, maintain budget, capital project bidding and management, vendor proposals, ensure building security, oversee employee health and safety (EHS) programs, while providing superior customer service. Responsible for employee transportation, Food and Beverages, travel arrangements, and event management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Perform light maintenance duties such as plumbing, lighting, clean-up, painting, and related activities.
• Build and maintain relationships with employees, provide timely response, and follow-up.
• Manage outside contractors/vendors, to include selection of contractors/vendors, managing costs and schedules to meet budget plan and insure compliance with safety and operational procedures. Types of contracts include vending service, custodial, lawn service, HVAC, maintenance, generator, fire alarm system, security, and others.
• Insure that all facility systems comply with applicable NEC rules, building codes and liability insurance requirements.
• Provide project management for capital projects and major repairs and maintenance. Supervise equipment installations and building projects.
• Responsible for implementing and maintaining the Preventative Maintenance Program.
• Conduct daily building inspections and ensure all required OSHA building inspections are completed. External inspections may include fire extinguishers, sprinkler system, elevator, fire code, and others.
• Maintain security for building occupants and property. Responsible for issue and control of keys to the property. Prepare required reports of accidents, burglaries, etc.
• Maintain proper control of materials and supplies. Requisition by established policies and procedures.
• Prepare and audit annual operating budgets, monitor spending, and report to leadership. Review and approval of payables.
• Secure bids for capital expenditure. Secure approval and implement.
• Serve on Business Continuity committee and maintain records and system.
• Administer the Corporate EHS Management System requirements, including: safety Incident reporting and investigation including: undertake occupational health & safety risk assessment; convening site EHS committees and review teams; identify opportunities for improvement in sustainability; energy, waste, recycling, etc.; Identification of EHS training needs.
• Recommend, coordinate, and/or direct the appropriate utilization of space, support during Business continuity plan.
• Manage employee transportation and cab facility
• Manage Food and Beverages at the site
• Manage travel arrangements for employees and visitors
RELATED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s in related curriculum w/ 10 Years of Related Experience
Include demonstrated competencies and physical, mental, & interpersonal skills.
• Graduate Degree with 10+ years of experience in Facilities Management and General Administration
• Recognized proficiency in managing administrative functions such as transportation, housekeeping, maintenance & up-keep of establishment in coordination with internal / external departments
• Skills in vendor management, price negotiation, cost optimization & budgetary planning; implementing effective cost optimization control measures
• A keen planner, strategist & implementer with expertise in project management right from conceptualization to effectuation & completion
• Excellent team player who works well with cross-functional teams
• Knowledge of the National Electric Code and other applicable building codes.
• Must have good computer skills, to include proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
• Must have ability to provide excellent customer service.
• Must have strong written and verbal communications skills. Requires communication with senior level executives.
• A confident and positive attitude.
• Strong organization and time management skills.
• On-call or emergency work when needed. Must be flexible to support work conducted before/after hours and weekends. Will be provided a cell phone.
• Communicate with other departments to coordinate work and achieve objectives.
• Ability to be a self-starter and work independently. No direct reports.
• Commitment to excellence, high standards, self-motivated and strong attention to detail.
• Basic understanding of Environmental and Health and safety practices.
• Familiarity with IS014001 and OHSAS18001.
• Facilitation Skills for the site EHS improvement team.
Commscope is an Equal Opportunity Employer.