CommScope, Inc. Material Handler in Euless, Texas
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Due to our continued growth and customer demand we are currently recruiting for a qualified, Material Handler I for an opportunity located in Euless, Texas.
Performs duties to insure the timely and proper movement of material in the warehouse to the production floor, and outside raw material locations to support production, engineering, and customer orders.
• Assures that incoming parts, supplies, and materials for internal use are verified and are delivered to proper storage locations or departments within the local facility.
• Works from work orders, route sheets, goods receipts, customer order documents and a variety of other related documentation concerning the movement of materials throughout the facility to properly fill orders and requisitions.
• Inspects incoming shipments to assure that items and quantity are correct.
• Certified to use fork lift, pallet jack, or other material handling equipment to load/unload materials.
• Regularly uses scales, CRT units, a variety of hand and power tools, automatic storage and retrieval systems to complete required duties to stock and pull materials in a safe and orderly manner.
• Completes required documentation and/or enters transactions into inventory system.
• Coordinates, locates, retrieves, and delivers the material received to and from stock.
• Determines the proper sequence of pulling orders by department work schedules to ensure meeting departmental requirements/expectations.
• Follow all safety regulations. Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required for the work environment.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Minimum one (1) year of general factory, warehouse, inventory, or industrial experience.
• Requires ability to read numbers and text accurately, learn to use inventory system and computer terminal, and learn to operate material moving equipment including forklifts and related machinery. Must have current driver’s license and good driving record.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Must be well versed in advanced software and machine control principles.
• Ability to stand and reach with hands and arms. Position will regularly be required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
• Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift, with assistance, up to 100 pounds.
Employee must be able to operate a forklift or other material handling equipment and be able to enter and retrieve standard data from a computerized logistics system.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.