CommScope, Inc. Analyst, IT Operations - Server Tech in Hyderabad, India
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion.
Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from
busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers—we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity
Position Title: Analyst, IT Operations - Server Tech
Participate in the design, implementation, optimization, advance support and administration of computing infrastructure residing in all regional CommScope Data Centers. Oversee system performance and monitors said infrastructure. Plan system capacity, ensures processes are well-documented, sustainable and scalable, and continually assesses processes for improvements. Monitor ongoing practices to ensure consistency with policies, compliance regulations and control requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop and drive adoption of standards in the Data Center Environment.
• Maintain and ensure maximum sustained performance and availability of the Company's data center systems.
• Design, implementation and advanced support of computing infrastructure running in these data centers. This includes servers, storage, operating systems, data backup and other related technology centralized in corporate data centers or in smaller locations throughout the world.
• Maximize infrastructure capacities through proactive review and planning to ensure that IT capacity meet current and future business requirements.
• Establish performance monitoring and alerting standards to ensure IT meets service level requirements.
• Drive a cross functional team (including equipment or service vendors) in diagnosing issues and initiating appropriate actions for repair or mitigation and provide appropriate status, communications and root cause analysis to management.
• Serve as technical lead for escalation of advanced incidents, problems and change management.
• Help develop policies and procedures related to IT Operations Infrastructure - including the CommScope IT Disaster Recovery Plan.
• Research infrastructure solutions to identify and improve existing processes or enhance overall productivity.
• Participate in team on-call rotation.
Related Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s in related curriculum such as Information Systems with 8+ years of related experience:
Include demonstrated competencies and physical, mental, & interpersonal skills.
• A completed Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related curriculum.
• Eight (8) plus years of experience supporting Data Centers in a large multisite (preferably global) enterprise network.
• Advanced support and administration of Windows Server and Redhat Linux systems.
• Eight (8) plus years of experience with backup solutions (Symantec NetBackup and Data Domain), business continuance and disaster recovery solutions is a plus.
• Demonstrated experience in design, deployment, administration, configuration, and integration of data center technologies.
• Extensive experience with server solutions (Cisco UCS, HP, or Dell).
• Proficient with VMware & virtualization technologies.
• Experienced in Enterprise Storage Systems (EMC, Dell EqualLogic).
• Comprehensive knowledge of network technologies and solutions (IP, DNS, DMZ, Proxy, Firewall, Routing, Switching, etc.).
• Good understanding of ITIL (Incident and Change Management)
• Experience and familiarity with Cloud services (Azure, Nutanix) and solutions a plus.
Commscope is an Equal Opportunity Employer.