CommScope, Inc. Specialist, Engineering in Verna, India
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion.
Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from
busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers—we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity
Job Title : Specialist, Engineering
General Summary : The Specialist, CMM Engineering will be responsible for developing and writing CMM programs to check high precision machined components; this includes first article programs as well as production inspection programs.
Duties & Responsibilities :
● Create CMM inspection programs for parts in first article, in process, and final inspections.
● Develop software inspection programs which are intended for repeated use to inspect geometrically defined components.
● Review and validate all CMM programs in accordance with Company standards.
● Train inspection personnel on correct usage of CMM equipment, part programs, and maintenance.
● Develop custom inspection data reports based on specific customer or engineering requests.
● Review current programs and develop plans related to continuous improvement then implement agreed plans.
● Investigate and reports program flaws and failures to the Quality manager and CMM programmers and assists in finding solutions.
● Work within the IQC department and with other departments, as a team, and help keep morale at a high level.
● Ensure highest possible product quality and adherence to ISO/TL and/or other standards.
● Develop techniques to optimize the use of precision coordinate measuring machines effectively.
● Provide technical assistance on metrology issues to support company manufacturing.
● Responsible for the integrity of all CMM inspection data generated and maintain a pro-active approach in carrying out inspections.
● Analyze all testing data to ensure the machine is functioning properly.
● Ensure that the CMM and CMM room is maintained for 5s Standards.
● Ensure all CMM preventative maintenance is performed and completed.
● Analyze CMM data and work performed with the Quality manager to develop a plan for continuous improvement.
● Maintain clear communications and cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
● Assists with design of CMM measurement fixtures as needed.
● Perform other duties as assigned the management as and when required.
Qualification : Dilpoma/Minimum Bachelors Degree in Engineering
Experience : 5-8 years experience demonstrating strong ability in creating CAMIO, DMIS or equivalent CMM programming.
Skills Required :
Good mathematical skills required.
Must be proficient at reading and understanding design drawings, including knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances (GD&T) and other design tolerance methods is required.
Strong problem solving ability in resolving complex problems and errors arising during difference in CMM inspection methods at vendor and in-house.
Ability to work positively and respectfully with customers and co-workers is a must.
Computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Commscope is an Equal Opportunity Employer.